Most potters have little or no idea of what makes a glaze "tick". With Matrix you can learn:
- why certain raw materials are chosen to make up a recipe
- what happens to a recipe during the firing - how a mixture of materials turns into a glaze
- how a glaze may be manipulated to change its fired qualities
- how to deal with a recipe that contains materials that you cannot get
- etc ...
In order to take "control" of your glazes you need two things:
- a glaze software package
- a rudimentary knowledge of the chemistry of glazes.
Matrix software has all you need to learn about glazes AND take control through the use of glaze calculation software such as Matrix V6. Matrix comes with a FREE copy of GlazeTeach which will instruct you on the basics of glaze chemistry.